Kingdoms of the Second Age
The calendar is composed of 12 months, each 4 weeks long. Each week is 7 days. At the end of the year, there is a 27 day period known as Godsmunth, with three days dedicated to the observance of each of the nine gods.
Days of the Week
- Kinsday – The first day of the week is dedicated to the king.
- Harthday – The second to hearth and home.
- Yulkday – The third to work and labor.
- Idesday – The forth is the middle of the week, dedicated to rest.
- Fulsday – The fifth day is dedicated to fools and merriment.
- Allesday – The sixth to ale and friends.
- Godsday – The seventh day is dedicated to the gods.
These dedications are ceremonial, and are no longer strictly observed except in the more traditional cultures.
Months of the Year